Since 1985 A-HOME has been a leader in northern Westchester developing cost effective local solutions to the national crisis in affordable housing.
- A-HOME reclaims abandoned buildings and renovates houses to offer an integrated approach to help low-income individuals and families move from crises to self-sufficiency.
- A-HOME promotes independent living within a network of community support. A coalition of 26 local civic and religious organizations supports A-HOME with funding and volunteers
- A-HOME has renovated/built and now owns and operates 18 houses in Bedford Hills, Chappaqua, Croton Falls, Katonah, Mt. Kisco, Pleasantville, Thornwood and Vista, and manages one for the Blue Mountain Housing Development Corporation.
- In 2008 A-HOME completed the first affordable housing in Pound Ridge, 12 apartments for older adults.
- In 2012/2013 we renovated and fully rented seven apartments in a three story Victorian structure in Katonah.